Veteran Série ACT Castrol competitor Daniel Descoste of St-Joseph-du-Lac, Quebec earned his first career win on the series in the St-Eustache 100 at Autodrome St-Eustache in St-Eustache, Quebec. Descoste worked his way by 2010 Série ACT Castrol Champion Karl Allard on lap 66 and was never seriously contested in the remainder of the 100 lap event.
Allard fell back to third behind runner-up Patrick Hamel on the final restart. Jonathan Bouvrette and Patrick Laperle, who recovered from a spin, completed the top five. Donald Theetge, Dany Trepanier, Alex Labbe, Claude Leclerc and Marc-Andre Cliche rounded out the top ten.
The event was completed in just 1 hour and 4 minutes with just seven cautions. Descoste, Allard and Jean-François Déry all led the event at one point. Déry was disqualified from the event due to intentional spinning Laperle after trying to turn him head-on into the wall.
Descoste becomes the second different winner in two Série ACT Castrol events so far in the 2011 season. He joins Laperle as the first two Quebec qualifiers for the ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 24.
The Série ACT Castrol will be back in action next Saturday, June 11 at Autodrome Montmagny in Montmagny, Quebec. The event is a 100 lapper that was previously postponed due to rain. Post time is 6:00pm.
Série ACT Castrol Unofficial Results
St-Eustache 100 – Saturday, June 4, 2011
Fin. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (3) Daniel Descoste, St-Joseph-du-Lac, QC, 100 Laps
2. (15) Patrick Hamel, St-Edouard, QC, 100 Laps
3. (7) Karl Allard, Quebec, QC, 100 Laps
4. (9) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 100 Laps
5. (12) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis-sur-Richelieu, QC, 100 Laps
6. (10) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 100 Laps
7. (4) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 100 Laps
8. (14) Alex Labbe, Saint-Albert, QC, 100 Laps
9. (2) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC, 100 Laps
10. (19) Marc-Andre Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC, 100 Laps
11. (16) Jimmy Cormier, Princeville, QC, 99 Laps
12. (11) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC, 99 Laps
13. (18) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Pacome, QC, 99 Laps
14. (8) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chrysostome, QC, 98 Laps
15. (17) Valerie Chiasson, Le Gardeur, QC, 98 Laps
16. (21) #Yannick Tremblay, Chicoutimi, QC, 95 Laps
17. (13) David Michaud, Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, QC, 67 Laps
18. (20) Brandon White, Kahnawake, QC, 67 Laps
19. (6) Martin Lacombe, Terrebonne, QC, 44 Laps
20. (22) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 42 Laps
21. (23) Parpal Thierry, Ronpentimy, QC, 39 Laps
22. (5) Marco Savoie, St-Lambert, QC, 38 Laps
DSQ (1) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC
Time of Race: 1:04:37 Margin of Victory: 0.839 seconds
Cautions: 7 (Laps 0, 39, 43, 44, 59, 67, 87)
Leaders: Jean-Francois Dery, 1-36; Karl Allard, 37-65; Daniel Descoste, 66-100.
NOTE: Jean-François Déry was disqualified for intentionally spinning Patrick Laperle after trying to turn him into the wall.